I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Phenylmagnesium chloride is used primarily to add an iso-propyl group to carbonyl groups. This reagent can also be used as a strong base in aprotic solvents. It is also used as a Grignard reagent in greener solvent, 2-methyltetrahydrofuran (2-MeTHF).
Bogdan Boduszek; Henry J.Shine; T.Krishnan Venkatachalam. Reactions of phenylmagnesium chloride and phenyllithium with thianthrene cation radical perchlorate. Evidence for electron transfer: formation and decomposition of 5-substituted thianthreniumyl perchlorates. J. Org. Chem. 1989, 54, (7),1616-1626
Henry Gilman; Nina B. St. John. The preparation of phenylmagnesium chloride. Recueil des Travaux Chimiques des Pays-Bas. 1930, 49, (8),717-723
Hazard Statements: H225-H302-H314-H335
Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P235-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant