I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
4-Fluoro-1,3-dioxolan-2-one is used as an electrolyte additive in lithium ion batteries. It also enables the formation of thin, smooth and stable passive solid electrolyte interphase (SEI) layer, which increases the cycling efficiency and discharge capacity retention of the secondary battery. Further, it is used as an intermediate in organic synthesis.
Leung, K.; Rempe, S. B.; Foster, M. E.; Ma, Y.; del la Hoz, J. M. M.; Sai, N.; Balbuena, P. B. Modeling Electrochemical Decomposition of Fluoroethylene Carbonate on Silicon Anode Surfaces in Lithium Ion Batteries. J. Electrochem. Soc. 2014, 161 (3), A213-A221.
Markevich, E.; Salitra, G.; Rosenman, A.; Talyosef, Y.; Chesneau, F.; Aurbach. D. Fluoroethylene carbonate as an important component in organic carbonate electrolyte solutions for lithium sulfur batteries. Electrochem. Commun. 2015, 60, 42-46.
Profatilova, I. A.; Stock, C.; Schmitz, A.; Passerini, S.; Winter, M. Enhanced thermal stability of a lithiated nano-silicon electrode by fluoroethylene carbonate and vinylene carbonate. J. Power Sources 2013, 222, 140-149.
Hazard Statements: H302-H315-H319-H335
Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P330-P332+P313-P362-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant