I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Intense blue dye used in histochemistry determinations.Nitro Blue Tetrazolium chloride is used to confirm diagnosis of chronic granulomatous disease. It is a microscopic stain, which is used to detect dehydrogenases and alkaline phosphatase. It acts as an NADPH-diaphorase substrate that competitively inhibits nitric oxide synthase. Further, it is used in immunology for detection of alkaline phosphatase. In addition to this, it acts as an oxidant.
Materska, M.; Konopacka, M.; Rogoliński, J.; Ślosarek, K. Antioxidant activity and protective effects against oxidative damage of human cells induced by X-radiation of phenolic glycosides isolated from pepper fruits Capsicum annuum L. Food Chem. 2015, 168, 546-553.
Xiong, B.; Xu, R.; Zhou, R.; He, Y.; Yeung, E. S. Preventing UV induced cell damage by scavenging reactive oxygen species with enzyme-mimic Au-Pt nanocomposites. Talanta 2014, 120, 262-267.
Hazard Statements: H302-H315-H319-H335
Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant