I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
It is used as a small molecule IMPDH inhibitor. mycophenolic Acid is used as an immunosuppressive agent with antiviral and antitumor effects. It potently inhibits inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase, thus inhibiting de novo GTP synthesis leading to decreased RNA and DNA synthesis. It also reversibly inhibits proliferation of T and B lymphocytes and antibody formation.
Eugui et al. Lymphocyte-selective cytostatic and immunosuppressive effects of mycophenolic acid in vitro: role of deoxyguanosine nucleotide depeletion. Scand.J.Immunol. 1991, 33, (2), 161-73.
Allison et al. Mechanisms of action of mycophenolic acid. Ann.N.Y.Acad.Sci. 1993, 696, 63-87.
Hazard Statements: H302-H341-H360D-H372
Harmful if swallowed. Suspected of causing genetic defects. May damage the unborn child. Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P260-P264b-P270-P281-P301+P312-P308+P313-P330-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Rinse mouth. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant