I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Vinylidene chloride is used as pharmaceutical intermediate and in chemical research.
Frederick M. Lewis.; Frank R. Mayo.; William F. Hulse. Copolymerization. II. The Copolymerization of Acrylonitrile, Methyl Methacrylate, Styrene and Vinylidene Chloride. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1945, 67 (10), 1701-1705.
Daniel C. Liebler.; F. Peter Guengerich. Olefin oxidation by cytochrome P-450: evidence for group migration in catalytic intermediates formed with vinylidene chloride and trans-1-phenyl-1-butene. Biochemistry. 1983, 22 (24), 5482-5489.
Hazard Statements: H224-H302+H332-H319-H351-H373
Extremely flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if inhaled. Causes serious eye irritation. Suspected of causing cancer. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P210-P233-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280i-P281-P301+P312-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P308+P313-P330-P370+P378q-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear eye/face protection. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Rinse mouth. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant