I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
tert-Butyl nitrite is employed as a reagent for diazotization and nitrosation of alcohols, thiols, amines and cycloalkanes. It plays an important role in photocatalyzed conversion of aryl and heteroarylamines to selenides. It finds application in the preparation of aryl azides from aryl amines. It is also useful for radical multifunctionalization reactions of aliphatic alkenes and source of nitric oxide.
Aromatic amines have been converted in good yields to aryl halides in the presence of the Cu(II) halide: J. Org. Chem., 42, 2426 (1977); 45, 2570 (1980).
Zhao, J.; Li, P.; Xia, C.; Li, F. Metal-free regioselective C-3 nitration of quinoline N-oxides with tert-butyl nitrite. RSC Adv. 2015, 5 (41), 32835-32838.
Monir, K.; Ghosh, M.; Jana, S.; Mondal, P.; Majee, A.; Hajra, A. Regioselective synthesis of nitrosoimidazoheterocycles using tert-butyl nitrite. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, 13 (32), 8717-8722.
Hazard Statements: H225-H302+H332
Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if inhaled.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P240-P241-P242-P243-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P312-P330-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. Rinse mouth. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant