I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
1-Octylphosphonic acid is a basic building block and used in the preparation of various pharmaceutical compounds and chemical products. It is supported with calcium hydroxyapatite and used in the dental field as corrosion inhibitor and organic building block. It acts as a corrosion inhibitor in metallic household surfaces such as faucets and drains as well as prevents the rusting of can or dispenser. It is also used in the synthesis of octyl-phosphonic acid dimethyl ester by reacting with iodomethane in presence of CS2 CO3.
Wang, H.; Mativetsky, J. M.; Ren, Y.; Gomez, E. D.; Jaye, C.; Schwartz, J.; Fischer, D. A.; Loo, Y. L. Fluorinated and hydrogenated self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) on anodes: Effects of SAM chemistry on device characteristics of polymer solar cells. Org. Electron. 2014, 15 (11) 3333-3340.
Debrassi, A.; Ribbera, a.; Vos, W. M.; Wennekes, T.; Zuilhof, H. Stability of (Bio)Functionalized Porous Aluminum Oxide. Langmuir 2014, 30 (5), 1311-1320.
Hazard Statements: H302-H314-H335-H373
Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P363-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant